Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get a grip!
So, when I got the Blade off Buffalo the toasty heated grips were not very tight on the bars. 

Bit of hairspray should sort that out I thought, but no. 

Tube of grip glue then, throttle grip became nice and tight but clutch still spinning. 

So clutch grip off, removed old glue, bit of a roughen-up of the inside of the grip to provide a key. Full tube of glue, tightened up and not touched for 24-hours - it twisted straight away!

Any suggestions on what to try next?

I did try a little bit of electricians tape on the bar to pad it out, but it just crumpled up when the grip went on, so there isn’t much gap, but also not much grip!
I am Spartacus 
Take the bike back to the seller and demand a full refund and compo for selling shonky goods ... you can’t trust builders or cyclist terrible bunch ?

What glue you used? Gorilla glue seems to stick most things to other things ?
My real name is Dave 
I would suggest.......remove said grips, clean shit off (properly) - a Man's clean, not a Girls clean. Then -  I'd try Gorilla glue and leave for 48 English hours and see how that goes.
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
May be....

The hairspray and other “products” have reacted with the rubber....

If so....you are buggered.

Most grips have a size of 22-24mm.... but just in case imperial size has been fitted in error... have a good look see.

If it were me.... get some rubber inner tube, preferably off a cyclist Rolleyes and put that over the bar, then slip the heated grip on.... if it’s tight... let the grip heat up, slip on.... cool down.
I’m sure you’re able to relate with that....

There's been no reaction to the glues and the size is good.

I'm not sure a piece of inner tube would fit as there wasn't room for the electricians tape, but I might give it a go.

I've just been using 'grip glue', but I might try the gorilla stuff.

It'll get there...
I am Spartacus 
Dodgy sale if you ask me Big Grin
[Image: 0s4xliEM.jpeg]

In Madness You Dwell

(26-10-2017, 12:25 AM)anthony1664 Wrote: Take the bike back to the seller and demand a full refund and compo for selling shonky goods ... you can’t trust builders or cyclist terrible bunch ?

What glue you used? Gorilla glue seems to stick most things to other things ?

Caveat emptor covers item 1 I believe 

you must be wringing its neck Lee I had a much gentler touch  Laugh

the original grips had wire on them compressing them to the bar thought it odd at the time
When the going gets tough you get tougher 
Don't worry Buff, I knew it needed doing so no comeback - just bemused as I've fitted grips lots and they usually tighten up fine. Wire wouldn't help here as these heated ones have a plastic core.

I don't think it helps that the bar ends on these seem to fit into a rotating inner in the bar, so they tighten on, but not tight against the grip.
I am Spartacus 
Sikaflex 291 off of the eBay, or Screwfix, buy the smallest tube you can cos it'll be fecked once opened

Use it to stick Fenda-Extenda's on without any screws, or rivets Big Grin
There's no hope ........ he'll be an engineer !
Just checking, but Kev’s sent me a text to say that when I put this gorilla glue on I should use plenty and apply it with my fingers - is that right?  Huh

Surely he wouldn’t lead me astray...  Dodgy
I am Spartacus 
(01-11-2017, 12:41 AM)Ledwardio Wrote: Just checking, but Kev’s sent me a text to say that when I put this gorilla glue on I should use plenty and apply it with my fingers - is that right?  Huh

Surely he wouldn’t lead me astray...  Dodgy

that's odd he told Glen to apply it with his foreskin  Confused
When the going gets tough you get tougher 
I have read this thread with interest and realised you bought the bike of a WELSH person. Therefore, no sympathy. You knew the person was WELSH before you bought it.
Need I say more..... My previous rhetoric, allegations and assumptions proved correct.
Nuff Said
Just Out-Running The Reaper......and I mean Just
I didn't know you were Welsh Chris?
I am Spartacus 
(01-11-2017, 01:28 PM)Ledwardio Wrote: I didn't know you were Welsh Chris?

No, not with a name like Hughes 
Just Out-Running The Reaper......and I mean Just
Hmm, fair enough, he's lost the accent though.
I am Spartacus 
Im still leaning to the theory you’ve got Welsh in you Glen....

The Lockett family tree must’ve revealed something that has reinforced this vile rhetoric. 

Come on.... spill the beans, no one here believed you are French...you’re far too nice to be from that lot.

(02-11-2017, 07:40 AM)DrMarten Wrote: Come on.... spill the beans, no one here believed you are French...you’re far too nice to be from that lot.

https://www.houseofnames.com/locket-family-crest

Normans = Normandy = France
I am Spartacus 
I’d say he’s Australian....

Got the skin, dry wit, cunning and guile of a Mongrel from Down Unda.

Deported relatives.....of course.

I’m sticking to a pikey Gypo. His skins made of crinkled leather, he’s a scheming fecker and talks utter shite. Just saying!
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.