Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kevlar Jeans
Talk to me about these, and no I don’t mean Kev’s knock-off 501s. 

I had a cheap pair which were handy for riding to work etc, but I wore them in the Monkey run across Country and left them in a carrier bag, wet. Discovered them a couple of months later trying to crawl out  Confused

So I thought I’d get some more, but I’m feeling the fully lined option would be best instead of the bum and knee patches - who knows what’s going to be touching tarmac in the event of... But they’re quite expensive for a pair of jeans. 

So what have you got, and why?
Bite my shiny metal ass
Had a pair of Red Route ones a few years ago, they were fine, but only for a weekend pootle.

Since I done me leg in I'm only wearing leather jeans, just to make sure, there's a reason why racers only wear leathers Confused
There's no hope ........ he'll be an engineer !
I know what you mean, I pretty much ride in textiles these days, but even then I’ve been looking at them and wondering how well they would serve in the event of an incident.
Bite my shiny metal ass
I had Bering textiles and apart from the leg there wasn't another scratch, or bruise on me, so I have no problems with them and they're proper waterproof, took the best fabric shears the paramedics had to cut them off, the only doubt I have is that perhaps the bones wouldn't have popped out to say hello if I'd been wearing leathers, mind you Hutchy suffered pretty much the same as me when he broke his tib and fib, so maybe not Undecided
There's no hope ........ he'll be an engineer !
Yeah I think the bones have made most of the journey before reaching leather - bloody impractical flesh  Laugh
Bite my shiny metal ass
Try Hien Gericke....the cut is more for large German frames.... not fat, you understand Rolleyes, just those Nordics are bigger than Brits!

Not that I’m saying you are non British... but you need to fit your genes in jeans and be comfy.

Richa are also a generous cut....

Hope this helps Sweet Cheeks... Laugh
So, that was 2017....
Be quick....

https://www.hein-gericke-outlet.com/hein...s.html?p=1
So, that was 2017....
I didn’t mind Hein Gericke stuff but the fit always varied massively and needed trying on, a bit more practical when there was stores local. 

Plus none of their jeans seem to be fully lined which is what I’m erring towards.
Bite my shiny metal ass
Can’t remember the name! But they advertise in the colour pic section of bike mags.... they are fully lined I’m pretty sure.
So, that was 2017....
Not according to the website fella  

I was kinda hoping for some feedback and experience tbh, not an advert for a failed German retail invasion  Laugh
Bite my shiny metal ass
Seen some Route One jeans in Earnshaws today which looked ok, hoped to find some more reviews online but therre isn't much, just a couple on sportbike direct:

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcy...rod/271675
Bite my shiny metal ass
(28-09-2017, 09:32 PM)Ledwardio Wrote: Not according to the website fella  

I was kinda hoping for some feedback and experience tbh, not an advert for a failed German retail invasion  Laugh

You’ve not forgiven me for going to the Darkside yet?!

You should know better.... than to ask a sensible question on here!

I suggested the...... won’t say the G word, but as all G ermans are similar in stature.... hence the advice.

But, fear not! I’m not put off by your Billy Goat’s Gruff mularky.... have you looked at ex military kit? Or.... chainsaw pants.... cheap as chips.

If you think I’m talking shite, please feel free to vent..... I can be as welcome as thrush sometimes, and just as annoying....

It was Draggin’ Jeans that are fully lined... now go and be grumpy elsewhere. I put it down to a lack of sex Tongue
So, that was 2017....
I wear jeans all the time. Kevlar is strong stuff so reckon the none branded standard stuff will serve you well. I find it more comfortable wearing my Kevlar and lightweight boots. The look like normal boots you'd wear for going out to your local in. They are proper bike boots with a lot more comfort. There's an argument for and against. Personally, it's each to their own, I just feel very restricted in leathers and bulky in Textiles. Lined Jeans are a bit restrictive to me to. I prefer, straight Kevlar with arse and knee protection then I'm happy.
I have control - standby standby
I got some Lindstrands Kevlar jeans last year, pretty comfortable loads of pockets for armour well made and plenty of Kevlar bits.

Have some HG leather jeans too bought just as the Scouse shop was shutting a few years back and like them too as an option to the textiles
You made a fair point about your old Kevlar Jeans....

If they get wet...

Surely they must take ages to dry?

I’ve started wearing textile summer pants rather than ordinary jeans nowadays. Sat behind a fairing the weather protection isn’t critical plus they dry in minutes if you are caught in a shower.
So, that was 2017....
Darkside Doc? You haven’t got a cruiser as well now have you??

Draggin Jeans seem to be consistently voted no.1, but that is also reflected in the price. 

Thanks for the feedback lads. Reckon I need to go and do some trying on.
Bite my shiny metal ass
Got a pair of red route ones - again kevlar in the arse, hips and knees.
[Image: 0s4xliEM.jpeg]

In Madness You Dwell

over garments on a motorbike are only really going to be called into use when you are sliding down the road, in my head trousers leather textile or Kevlar are only as good as there ability to stay on that's why I normally had a one piece or zip together two piece (I used braces but that was probably next to useless), once you are off the bike and sliding a pair of jeans with only a button or belt to hold it would be round your ankles in a matter of seconds leaving your bare arse to do the rest.
All that it takes is all that you`ve got 

My revit textiles slide very well in 2012' scratched and zip worn away but I smoothly glided like a slippy fish to a haunt shoulder 1st up the curb.... not arse were injured  Laugh