Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BMW GS - Fuel Strip Issues - LBK
(11-08-2017, 09:38 PM)lbk Wrote: Been there done that one mate. I would have a Tex tbh. Don't think they do a factory lowered one though. My Tiger 1050 was probably the best suited bike for me. Once Kais lowered the suspension for me. Proper clued up them boys.

Ahr but they do have a factory lowered option on the list now  Laugh
My real name is Dave 
Ahhhaaaaa!!!!!!!
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
Don't do it..... Triumph's throw you off.... twice...

Good point Doc. Never thought of thst Laugh Feckin Triumphs are shite Dave. I have no idea why you have a Triumph Laugh Angel
Because I like em...... 2 of the things and touch wood this ones on 25k and just over 2 years old and only had a couple of minor issues resolved efficiently on warranty ...... have to say though I am rather liking how the Yamaha FJR1300 rides having had one for a couple of shifts .... can't really get on with the BMW RT's but don't mind the Honda Pans
My real name is Dave 
FJR1300..... Rolleyes

There's no hope!

Not keen?
My real name is Dave 
It's a damn good job bike.... but way too bulky for day to day bimbling.

I am bulky though  Laugh
My real name is Dave 
That depends how big your bimble is - I'd have one
I am Spartacus 
Mind a fully load ones £17k .... that's a feck of a lot of monies for a bike
My real name is Dave 
Now then you two..... at least I go out on my bike... unlike some on here.....

'Tis true...... Lee and I do have the tendency to ride ours now and again   Laugh
My real name is Dave 
I was referring to those who leave their bike in the garage and the tyres deflate over time Angel

Ahr THOSE people  Laugh
My real name is Dave 
TBF, Lefty has managed to get out today. So credit where credits due lads. Angel
Not put some points on the board has he???
My real name is Dave 
Definitely not! Well not if I get my way he won't Angel I think Heir Ledwankio could collapsing though.
I did mention to Lee that he could be being weaselled....

He's just not fully aware that Mr Weasel will stoop lower than whale shit to weasel someone...

The thread has a new post Kev:-

Quote:Had a similar issue on my '07 GSA with having to Piezo Zap my faulty Fuel Strip about 4 / 5 times over the past couple of years to avoid the dreaded yellow warning light on the dash..... Got well fed up with BMW UK's response to my complaint and basically treating UK customers as crap because they can get away with it as UK customers just take it and still come back and buy more of their products.......

I have only got between 4 and 6 months between 'zappings' and got fed up with this cycle a couple of months ago and decided to go down the non harness damaging electronic fuel spoof electronic circuit made up of 3 resistors soldered together as in this post I saw on the Advrider forum;

Probably only done a couple of thousand miles so far on this set up but looking good to date and I don't feel the same uncertainty of when is the yellow light going to come back on. For info - The fuel guage just reads full the whole time with the electronic spoof in place.

http://advrider.com/index.php?thread...#post-32123591

Parts list
1ea 43 ohm 1 watt resistor
1ea 2.0 K ohm 1/2 watt resistor
1ea 1.0 M ohm 1/2 watt resistor
3/4 inch marine shrink tubing
[Image: 0s4xliEM.jpeg]

In Madness You Dwell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rusty Fuel Tank? DrMarten 29 2,723 13-06-2016, 04:27 PM
Last Post: DrMarten