Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New bike.....
Can they not extension lead out of the meeting room window Laugh
Laugh Laugh
I have control - standby standby
I bet about 110 years ago few old blokes were sat in the pub having a chat along the lines of

you wont believe it they sent one of those new fangled automobiles up to collect some fittings, bloody thing ran out of petrol no bloody petrol station they had to send a horse and cart to bring it back, never catch on bloody waste of time 

Laugh Laugh Laugh
Ironman Bolton July 15th 2018
Courage to start
Strength to endure  
Resolve to finish

Laugh Laugh Laugh
Electric's the future apparantly  Confused
Bite my shiny metal ass
was at a meeting before Christmas with end of the business that builds nuclear power stations were working on 2 at the moment, the best estimates are the UK will have 1 more nuclear power plant built I should add that will be about 30 years from now these things take 10 years to plan the Wylfa plant in Anglesey hasn`t had a spade in the ground yet and has cost £3 billion just to plan.

The benefit of nuclear is instant power we have many times more power available in renewables in the UK it all comes back to storage, according to the boffins this will be the next big challenge and will be cracked in the next 30 years.

The age of fossil fuel is over our children and grandchildren will use renewable according to them tidal power is the one because its predictable.

if you are looking for a job that will see you in employment for the next 1000 years Sellafield is the place we are working on piles of radioactive waste which has the potential to turn most of Europe into a no go zone, that's just an estimate because most of it is buried and has been since the 50`s & 60`s we are working on finding and fixing the leaks something like £100 billion is currently estimated to sort it well once they work out a way to sort it
Courage to start
Strength to endure  
Resolve to finish

How fookin scary! We truly are fucked.
I have control - standby standby
Tesla..... is Musk from outer space??? Alien technology??

The one thing this country so desperately needs is to have a direction in power, since privatisation we seem to have lost that, but gained in freedom to seek and develop fresh solutions albeit dare I say temporary ones?

We need a StarTrek approach to this problem...whatever that is or will be... The Idea World solution .... yep, science fiction .... the word being fiction. But it would be nice to find THE answer...
got some more meetings with Google and Microsoft that's like Star Trek, how we use or more to the point how we are used by data is amazing, Machine Learning is mind blowing.

I was working on this last year just starting a project this month to build an actual 2050 site office, its a fecking awesome project really excited about it.

https://youtu.be/AaP5EK00IuY

https://youtu.be/yM12ANUcFKQ
Courage to start
Strength to endure  
Resolve to finish

I’m guessing the hardest thing is others scepticism? I believe we are on the cusp of another seismic leap forward akin to the Industrial Revolution, people though seem to be very difficult to persuade they are actually part of it.
I guess the exciting or frightening thing dependant on your point of view is WE ARE IT we are the commodity the digital revolution will connect everything, machines will begin to control our day to day lives, this is a bit like standing in a 1800 factory with the birth of steam power canals iron people used machines to revolutionise the world around them, we will now see machines revolutionise us
Courage to start
Strength to endure  
Resolve to finish

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bike tax already lbk 25 218 10-01-2018, 12:08 AM
Last Post: DrMarten
  Looking at a new bike. DrMarten 35 1,187 21-06-2017, 04:48 PM
Heart Doc's new bike.... DrMarten 163 5,225 10-04-2017, 08:44 AM