Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So thoughts on this dilemma
Well here is a thing, Kieran was at the shops the other day parked up he gets in his car looks round and all clear then begins to reverse, a car then pulls up next to him just as he is moving and he catches the other car, with the best will in the world even though the other car could see him moving but rushed for a parking spot its probably our Kieran who is going to found at fault.

so they exchange details the damage to the Kierans car is nothing just the smallest of scuffs TCut job, the other car new A4 has a small dent in the rear side fairly minor. Kieran askes if he can sort it local garage keep it off Insurance the bloke says no wants main dealer and replacement car.

so he calls insurance to report it and guess what ................................. the car hasn't had insurance for 3 months ? he rings the guy to say can I have your insurance details for the report, the bloke says right let me get back to you that was 3 days ago its all gone quite. I think he has forgotten to insure his car its a new A4 and he didn't look like your average chancer.

so the dilemma is this he is basically fecked driving a car with no insurance leaves him with little or no where to go he is going to have to accept one of the following: 

1. Kieran to pay for a main dealer repair and hire car
  2. accept a local garage repair and cheap hire car
  3. accept a local garage repair and no hire car
  4. do a deal on 50/50 local garage repair
  5. accept a good will offer of say £200 (Kieran recons it would be £600 ish repair at a local garage)
  6. go and feck himself
just wondering what the Mancrider collective thought, Kieran is thinking for the sake of all involved give him a couple of hundred towards getting it fixed and walk away, he could try and do a private recovery which is going to be tricky given he is driving with no insurance.
Actions prove who someone is, words just prove who they aspire to be 

It's tempting to go for number 6. The bloke shouldn't have been driving so should really take himself away.

Though he has Kieran's details so if he does turn out to be a twat then maybe it could come back on him so maybe 5 is an option.

If the bloke's gone quiet then I'd leave it quiet and let him disappear.
Bite my shiny metal ass
He's done all he needs to Chris.... reported to his insurer.

If the other party wants to claim of Kieran's insurance, he can but not via Kieran.

The other party can claim despite not being insured...

It may be this electronic database may show not insured, or possibly, the other has defaulted on payment.

Let the other party feck himself and let the insurers scrap it out

Definately do not pay or hire a car....
"I've got a plan so cunning, you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel." - Edmund Blackadder.
Got his address?
Send the boys round!

Let the insurance company sort it - I'd call police as well about the no insurance.

Grass the fucker up - pissing Audi drivers.
[Image: 0s4xliEM.jpeg]

In Madness You Dwell

No 6 sounds like the fairest of options  Big Grin  considering Kieran tried to do the decent thing from onset, a little bit of his own medicine might sober the tosser up. 

What would his attitude be if Kieran wasn't insured ?? Probably all over him like a rash.....

Refer any communication straight to insurance company and let them sort it out. Even if you were to pay out privately now and repair his car, Kierans insurers already know and by now it would have been recorded on the insurance database meaning he will still have to declare the accident for the next 3-5 years. 

Not forgetting this guy could also try for a bogus personal injury claim.....

Just my humble opinion matey
No 6!
I have control - standby standby
Tell him to fuck off and report him for driving with no insurance.
still nothing and I sent him a text today asking again for insurance info

(17-06-2017, 10:56 PM)Buffalo Wrote: still nothing and I sent him a text today asking again for insurance info

So what was the outcome? I know I know I might have read it wrong but do you mean Kieran was uninsured? also the guy might have been as well, my guess is wait it out until he actually asks, then counter with "your details first" then reasonable offer to settle 50/50
so as it stands today Seth the guy has made a claim against Kieran (Kieran has insurance) the other party is not insured however his human rights allow him to claim against someone who is if they have insurance, Kieran rang the police twice I rang the police they are not interested, yep confirmed he was uninsured at the time he was driving, probably still driving with no insurance right now but they cant be arsed to do anything with it.

so an uninsured driver gets bumped by an insured driver and they claim for a very minor bump and personal injury, I thought as much but hoped we might have an out we don't they will fight the claim but inevitably pay it out. I guess that's how shit works in the world we live

I lost faith in the legal system ages ago Buff.

Taking it as part of the cynical culture purveying at my turn of age in policing. But the old quote of The system is fucked is as true today as it was then.

In truth, the police aren't interested in uninsured driving. The process behind dealing with such administration simply isn't there anymore. When there was a shift to Neighbourhood policing, traffic offences were effectively ceased except major cases.

Such is the world we live in.
"I've got a plan so cunning, you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel." - Edmund Blackadder.
(08-07-2017, 07:15 AM)Buffalo Wrote: so as it stands today Seth the guy has made a claim against Kieran (Kieran has insurance) the other party is not insured however his human rights allow him to claim against someone who is if they have insurance, Kieran rang the police twice I rang the police they are not interested, yep confirmed he was uninsured at the time he was driving, probably still driving with no insurance right now but they cant be arsed to do anything with it.

so an uninsured driver gets bumped by an insured driver and they claim for a very minor bump and personal injury, I thought as much but hoped we might have an out we don't they will fight the claim but inevitably pay it out. I guess that's how shit works in the world we live

Once it'ss orted reckon we should pay a visit.
[Image: 0s4xliEM.jpeg]

In Madness You Dwell

So let me get this straight. An uninsured driver, can drive a car, have an accident, make a claim for themselves and there's no ramifications for them - for driving and having no insurance. What about the laws of the land?  Surely to God, the law has to deal with this twat. I Fucking despair, I really do. You really are, just better off - being a skanky fuckers with a total disregard for everything and everyone. The country is well and truly fucked.
sadly that's the way of it I couldn't get the police interested not in the slightest, so why have insurance who fecking knows

Sounds about right,I expect he will go for personal injury as well, cops won't give a shit, probably claim happened on a car park therefore no requirement for third party insurance, counter claim via your insurers, twat will have to pay out himself then  Undecided
Sounds like good advice Chris. Make that fucker pay, one way or another.
worth a roll of the dice will have a look at that ta Seth

Fuck all to lose mate.
Falling that a slow drag round the estate on the back of Kev's van on a nice springy rope should do the trick..... I mean if your going to claim for injuries mays we'll have something to show for it hadn't he!!!   Laugh

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  any thoughts Buffalo 24 482 07-04-2017, 08:38 AM
Last Post: DrMarten
  RTE Question! What's you thoughts? Jap_STi_3 29 1,720 23-01-2014, 10:19 AM
Last Post: Oggy
  Thoughts Required! ASAP Jap_STi_3 41 2,559 20-10-2012, 08:23 PM
Last Post: MVPilot