Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Insurance- OMG!
Got my renewal quote - £60 higher than my last policy. What the fuck  Huh Anyways, got on the web and found a quote £60 cheaper than my original policy. Rings Axa up and asked them could they beat it. They come back with the same quote with £350 less excess but £3 dearer overall. I was just about to agree the new policy. Something snapped. I told them not to renew my policy - called them a bunch of pirates And have gone with Bennett's. it's cost me £14 more than Axa with a bit more excess but fuck em. Robbing bastards.
I have control - standby standby
(06-06-2017, 09:22 PM)lbk Wrote: Got my renewal quote - £60 higher than my last policy. What the fuck  Huh Anyways, got on the web and found a quote £60 cheaper than my original policy. Rings Axa up and asked them could they beat it. They come back with the same quote with £350 less excess but £3 dearer overall. I was just about to agree the new policy. Something snapped. I told them not to renew my policy - called them a bunch of pirates And have gone with Bennett's. it's cost me £14 more than Axa with a bit more excess but fuck em. Robbing bastards.

I'm with Bennetts/ Aviva, seem ok as conmen go, I was with them before, but renewals are never as cheap since they always offer 20-40% discount to new customers, I was with Devitt/ Aviva last year and they were ok when I had the crash, though they did tell the third party I hadn't admitted liability, which I had to put them right on, considering the policies were both with Aviva, makes you wonder (though not for long) where the extra costs go Angry
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer, it's a grown up's bike, not sure how I ended up with it Undecided
So you ended up paying more and with a higher excess? Laugh
(06-06-2017, 09:22 PM)lbk Wrote: Got my renewal quote - £60 higher than my last policy. What the fuck  Huh Anyways, got on the web and found a quote £60 cheaper than my original policy. Rings Axa up and asked them could they beat it. They come back with the same quote with £350 less excess but £3 dearer overall. I was just about to agree the new policy. Something snapped. I told them not to renew my policy - called them a bunch of pirates And have gone with Bennett's. it's cost me £14 more than Axa with a bit more excess but fuck em. Robbing bastards.

I read and re read this three times, then I remembered a conversation we had about piss takers... this now makes total sense within the constraints of that remit...

Next time, allow me the pleasure of brokering a deal....

I got a quote £500ish cheaper, admittedly.... they fecked up with the renewal quote. Alas, I'm paying the same amount albeit by a few £££'s, the excess for the CRF is down from £2000..!! Yes! To £150...

You're bound to be fecked over by your present insurer unless you move on, and you've done that. Result.
Will.I.Am Weasel fixed it for me Dodgy
(07-06-2017, 04:58 PM)MarkW7 Wrote: So you ended up paying more and with a higher excess? Laugh

Yes mate - I would rather pay a bit extra to a new broker, rather than give them my hard earned to a company that will openly rip me off and not give a fuck. That company will never have another penny off me - ever! Believe it or not, I'm a man of principles.
Insurance companies don't have principles
In Madness You Dwell
[Image: ThinkBike_zps5406c380.jpg]
don't forget Torys have been steadily increasing insurance tax over the last few years and its set to continue rising, motor insurance for years has ran at a loss most companies have lost money a combination of no win no fee and rising repair costs, they have started to raise policy fees to off set this,
Finishing dead last is better than did not finish, both are a million miles better than didn't start

Part of the problem is that they don't fix anything any more, just bolt all new parts on, even if it's just a tiny scratch in an exhaust pipe that could be polished out, good for spares if you're a manufacturer, but when the price gets ridiculous (which it always does), they just scrap the bike and give you some cash.

The only ones who make anything out of this are the assessors and scrappers Undecided
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer, it's a grown up's bike, not sure how I ended up with it Undecided
Ahr the great insurance dance! Bike last year was with Bennets who I like for including standard mods for no extra off a list & they have a policy of adding bloodbike use cover free of charge mid term! but as always now is the case they quote renewal for more so I do the online compare thing and find the same policy same cover from them for less.... I love sending them proof of NCD from them to them!
It's all robbery  Dodgy
Smell my cheese 
I honestly think, the insurance industry needs regulating And governed correctly. Robbing bastards!
I still think we need a better way to have personal 3rd party legal cover for whatever we ride or drive then add ons to cover the actual machines for theft, fire and damage...... I mean not one of us has yet mastered driving the car whilst riding the bike
Laugh Laugh
Then there is the bollox of any accident or incident is taken into consideration on any policy but none of the twats will move NCD between car, bike, van or mobile holiday shed
Exactly! It's all to one sided for my liking. Bent as fook!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hastings Insurance lbk 138 11,619 02-10-2012, 10:36 PM
Last Post: Seth