Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blood Pressure.... again.
Over the past few weeks, the odd occasion I've had a little odd feeling of pulsing in my right ear...

Then mid week, I get this migraine type feeling... gets worse then just goes. Yesterday feeling better and in the back of my mind I was thinking the dreaded condition has returned.

Anyways, in Sainsbury's today... I felt a slight lightheaded ... so, pharmacy there I asked if they had a BP machine .... explained why etc.

168/118 was the first... pharmacist said she would take 2 more as checks... 157/114 and 161/118. She suggested I go to A&E immediately....

I've always had highish BP from being young... and this isn't the worst, but I'm off to the Doctors on Monday as I'm fearing something's gone wrong...

The point of the post is this.... if something doesn't feel right... don't ignore it FFS.
Hum most odd..... our Gails went to 200 over something a while back never got to the bottom of why but a bit scary at the time, was at A&E till 3am that night !
My real name is Dave 
Strange thing the old BP. I believe it can be up and down like a feckin yo yo for no apparent reason! But there must be a reason! - I wouldn't be waiting till Monday, I'd be going into the nearest walk in centre TBH.
I have control - standby standby
(22-04-2017, 11:28 PM)anthony1664 Wrote: Hum most odd..... our Gails went to 200 over something a while back never got to the bottom of why but a bit scary at the time, was at A&E till 3am that night !

I suspect she found out you were a scout leader.
I am Weasel. Hmm, toasty warm hands................. I love my smashing heated grips O'shagnasty.
[Image: 84UXVnH0.jpg]
I got stressed about my BP... having bought one of those cuff monitors I got inaccurate readings from it.

The worst was 282/200...medically speaking you'd be so ill you'd be unconscious etc. Albeit my pressures were high, they weren't that high!

But when you don't feel well, and have suffered before, and the symptoms are the same it's time to seek professional advice.
(23-04-2017, 01:28 AM)Lefty Wrote:
(22-04-2017, 11:28 PM)anthony1664 Wrote: Hum most odd..... our Gails went to 200 over something a while back never got to the bottom of why but a bit scary at the time, was at A&E till 3am that night !

Lmfao Laugh Laugh
That's not good Doc, definitely worth getting checked out by someone other than Dr Kev.
I am Spartacus 
You disgust me!

Laugh Laugh Laugh
April 8th 2018
June 3rd 2018
July 15th 2018

wise words Martin, fingers crossed it was just something passing and not any underlying issue, well worth checking they call PB the silent killer ticks away like some pressure line then boom.
April 8th 2018
June 3rd 2018
July 15th 2018

She already knew that  Tongue
My real name is Dave 
(23-04-2017, 08:10 AM)Buffalo Wrote: wise words Martin, fingers crossed it was just something passing and not any underlying issue, well worth checking they call PB the silent killer ticks away like some pressure line then boom.

I'm so mindful of it Buff....

Before MancRiders formed I had a TIA, which was a minor one to boot, so I've had my get out of jail free card played already.
Been to see the new GP.... haven't they got anything else to do but moan and bollock you?!

Quite simple.... Doc, this is the problem, this is what I've found... do you agree?

He reckoned.... that the BP couldn't be as high as I'd said... anyways... he tested it and admitted that was the problem.

Then the bollocking... then the bad news....shite meds which will make you feel like shit, and told another MRI.
We ain't getting any younger Dr-M..... the only thing we can do is change our habits  Undecided
As for the Doctors..... chuffin new generation of egotistical maniacs with agendas !!! 

Here, try these Statins for the rest of your days, they might help you but they'll give me a commission  Blush 

Tell them your symptoms and what you think it is.....and get chastised for googling and trying to assist and save their time !! 

Jeeeez......
To be fair google never gives you the right answer on medical stuff