Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannonball rally run - summer 2019
(17-04-2017, 07:13 PM)lbk Wrote:
(16-04-2017, 09:56 PM)lbk Wrote: NRight boys! We have a date for this cannonball run or rally, whatever you wanna call it. Thinking of doing the UK to Benidorm or something like that - to be discussed once we have numbers. We'd love to do it as a type of top gear challenge type of thing. Two or three per vehicle. By a car for as little money as possible, do the cannonball run and flog back on in Blighty if it survives. I really fancy a black cab, others could do a Hearse or ice cream van. The quirkier the better IMHO. Anyways that's the general plan, And it gives us plenty of time to buy, plan and orginise We have a definite rough date and plan. We need definite numbers. Please - no maybes. As this will take some planning.
So names please who are definitely in. This will be mega boys. You don't wanna miss this one.

Drivers starting grid.
LBK
Ledwankio
Lefty
Bez
Chris. 
Shaun (Trooper)
Doc in support Vehicle
Nice one Shaun. Be a good crack this.
I have control - standby standby
Why are you in a support vehicle Doc?
Bite my shiny metal ass
I'm down to autobox now...

Plus seats and seating my back is sensitive to any change as I'm finding out with this Transporter..... piss poor seats.
So, that was 2017....
Pull em out and put a Lazyboy in  Laugh
Bite my shiny metal ass
i know its early days lad's , but whats the duration of this trip , and have we got a rough date in mind just trying to get my shit in order.. Wink
" i'll get my coat... "
Not yet Shaun. We will open discussions up soon and then decide, which rally we are doing. The that will give us dates etc pal.
So any ideas on which rally we fancy then?
(29-08-2017, 09:07 PM)lbk Wrote: So any ideas on which rally we fancy then?

Can't really pick one as no 2019 details are out there, there's no rush Kev.
Bite my shiny metal ass
Fair point!
Wink Laugh

From looking around they are all pretty much the same format, the length seems to vary from 3-5 days, though that doesn't take into account coming home. Destinations vary with the organisers and some even change from year to year, which is why we'd really need to wait for the 2019 runs to be listed, though the Monte Carlo ones seem fairly static. 

Don't worry Kev, there's plenty of planning meetings ahead, over tea and cake and everything
Bite my shiny metal ass
Yep, your reet. I have been having a good mooch and it seems the Monti Carlo shit or bust one seems to fit the bill in terms of time destination etc. Like you say. We'll wait until the lists come out for 2019 Cool

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Monte Carlo or bust Rally lbk 55 1,041 24-08-2017, 06:53 PM
Last Post: Ledwardio