Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannonball rally run - summer 2019
NRight boys! We have a date for this cannonball run or rally, whatever you wanna call it. Thinking of doing the UK to Benidorm or something like that - to be discussed once we have numbers. We'd love to do it as a type of top gear challenge type of thing. Two or three per vehicle. By a car for as little money as possible, do the cannonball run and flog back on in Blighty if it survives. I really fancy a black cab, others could do a Hearse or ice cream van. The quirkier the better IMHO. Anyways that's the general plan, And it gives us plenty of time to buy, plan and orginise We have a definite rough date and plan. We need definite numbers. Please - no maybes. As this will take some planning.
So names please who are definitely in. This will be mega boys. You don't wanna miss this one.

Drivers starting grid.
LBK
Ledwankio
Lefty
Bez - maybe!
Chris
Doc in support Vehicle
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
So we've moved on a year then? Why the new thread? You're all over the place - this is no way for an Engineer to behave. 

You know I'm in so just put my name on the list  Laugh

If we're under the new banner of Cannonball Run, do we have to 'tasche up? I'd pay good money to see Kev and Lefty with lip carpets  Laugh

[Image: 10846151_3.jpg]
I am Spartacus 
can I be Burt Reynolds please, what was that other film he did I think we might fit that description batter ................................................................. yes that's it "The Deliverance Run"
Hope not Hate 
I think we should all be Burt, apart from Kev, he can be be Butt Reynolds.
I am Spartacus 
You disgust me! 

Are  you definitely in Chris?
You in Bez and Dave?
Another option is the auctions.
Buying from a source is better than the block Kev.

Especially with half a million on the clock...

Whatever we do is a risk at that price. Part of the fun TBH. Just having a mooch at the moment.
yep I am in
Hope not Hate 
That's four confirmed, with Doc in support - so It's two potential teams so far. Could do it as four depending on what vehicle we buy. Anymore for anymore!
(16-04-2017, 09:56 PM)lbk Wrote: NRight boys! We have a date for this cannonball run or rally, whatever you wanna call it. Thinking of doing the UK to Benidorm or something like that - to be discussed once we have numbers. We'd love to do it as a type of top gear challenge type of thing. Two or three per vehicle. By a car for as little money as possible, do the cannonball run and flog back on in Blighty if it survives. I really fancy a black cab, others could do a Hearse or ice cream van. The quirkier the better IMHO. Anyways that's the general plan, And it gives us plenty of time to buy, plan and orginise We have a definite rough date and plan. We need definite numbers. Please - no maybes. As this will take some planning.
So names please who are definitely in. This will be mega boys. You don't wanna miss this one.

Drivers starting grid.
LBK
Ledwankio
Lefty
Bez
Chris. 
Shaun (Trooper)
Doc in support Vehicle
Boom! That's Chris confirmed.
https://www.bustrallies.com/

Have a look chaps. It's all at different parts of the year. Obviously we're going in 2019. Gives us an idea though.
Just a thought....

The UK will be out of the EU by the time this is due to start.

For you young pups.... back in the day...

International driving licence, Green Card insurance, all vehicle documents and I think translated.

For each person, medical insurance, passport and probably visas?

Then we may have Customs limits imposed....!

My regular jaunts to Europe back in the day entailed carrying a case full of documents.

I don't think we'll return to that level of bureaucracy, well, we might but it'll be digital so less paper to carry Wink
I am Spartacus 
It'll be reet. Can't see there much change TBH.
(26-06-2017, 08:04 AM)Ledwardio Wrote: I don't think we'll return to that level of bureaucracy, well, we might but it'll be digital so less paper to carry  Wink

You've forgotten that the French are a bunch of bureaucratic arses... even that word is French!

They will want to punish us for years to come, pity they have such short memories....twice we've bailed them out of the shit with the Germans...think they'll not be a third time Big Grin

We'll probably just roll over and take it up the shitter - as usual!
go on  put me down kev , should be a good crack hey.. Wink
" i'll get my coat... "

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Monte Carlo or bust Rally lbk 71 6,860 11-11-2017, 06:30 AM
Last Post: DrMarten