Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monte Carlo or bust Rally
https://www.bustrallies.com/black-forest-gateau

Myself and Lee have been talking about this on and off for a while. Anyways - thinking of next summer or 2018 summer, depends on a few factors really. I really fancy it! The rough plan......buy a black cab for £500 - something like this
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/182529276078

It's loosely based on a rally type thing. Could be a right giggle this and if a few of us do it, it'd be done for feck all money. Have a look and see what you think. It's just an idea at the moment.
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
sounds good Kev
Hope not Hate 
You crazy bastards!

Try one of these....

Big on the banger rally circuits.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/1995-VOLVO-850-A...iid%253A12

I had a perfect car for it until last week LOL will have to get it back of my mate Laugh
Hope not Hate 
(14-04-2017, 09:33 PM)Buffalo Wrote: I had a perfect car for it until last week LOL will have to get it back of my mate Laugh

That did cross my mind. Ah well
I am Spartacus 
Sounds like fun - and by next year my motor will be worth about 500 notes!
[Image: 0s4xliEM.jpeg]

In Madness You Dwell

Got to be worth a serious look at - hasn't it. Could do it in teams of two or three, depending on how many fancy it etc. I don't really know why, but I fancy a black cab. I reckon it'd be a right blast though. A real - one off gig.
Have to look into having it reclassed as a private car, and if the MOT will apply and what category it would need retesting in ... and costs.

We have this problem privatizing LGVs....

Nothing complicated, just money and a huge faff.

Didn't know that. Any old banger would do TBH - just fancied a black cab.
I think you'll be lucky to get a black cab for £500 fella
I am Spartacus 
It's easy...

Hackney Carriage Test is just that, like a hyper MOT. 

You can't just run an old Hackney cab in for a standard car MOT... the cab has to be de plated and taxation class changed.... this does involve a trip to a VOSA centre, the good thing, they can MOT it there and then as a private car.

Done this numerous times with vehicles sold with family relative... but they've been buses and trucks... 

Hence I'm a bit vague about black cab regs. If it were a private hire car, job would be straight forward.

Probably right mate, but I am persistent. Plus, we have a Doc - he's like a bloodhound when sniffing out a rare bargain. He will probably find us one in, Slovenia - have it shipped over etc for £499.
(14-04-2017, 10:43 PM)DrMarten Wrote: It's easy...

Hackney Carriage Test is just that, like a hyper MOT. 

You can't just run an old Hackney cab in for a standard car MOT... the cab has to be de plated and taxation class changed.... this does involve a trip to a VOSA centre, the good thing, they can MOT it there and then as a private car.

Done this numerous times with vehicles sold with family relative... but they've been buses and trucks... 

Hence I'm a bit vague about black cab regs. If it were a private hire car, job would be straight forward.
Can't see it being that difficult. Just be a bit of a faff.
£495

Black Cab

Only done 215K
[Image: 0s4xliEM.jpeg]

In Madness You Dwell

(14-04-2017, 10:47 PM)lbk Wrote: Probably right mate, but I am persistent. Plus, we have a Doc - he's like a bloodhound when sniffing out a rare bargain. He will probably find us one in, Slovenia - have it shipped over etc for £499.

Easy to buy an out of service for £500...

And a trip to Monte will probably be the last nail in its coffin! Back in Blighty, weigh it in...

(14-04-2017, 10:52 PM)Badboybez Wrote: £495

Black Cab

Only done 215K

Reckon that would do it too.
(14-04-2017, 10:53 PM)DrMarten Wrote:
(14-04-2017, 10:47 PM)lbk Wrote: Probably right mate, but I am persistent. Plus, we have a Doc - he's like a bloodhound when sniffing out a rare bargain. He will probably find us one in, Slovenia - have it shipped over etc for £499.

Easy to buy an out of service for £500...

And a trip to Monte will probably be the last nail in its coffin! Back in Blighty, weigh it in...

I'd scrap it in Monte Carlo tbh.
i want to do it in an ice cream van
Hope not Hate 
Now we're talking.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Benidorm Or Bust 2020 - General Chit Chat Badboybez 1 106 19-05-2019, 11:47 PM
Last Post: lbk
  Cannonball rally run - summer 2019 lbk 53 5,596 14-07-2018, 06:47 AM
Last Post: DrMarten