Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Squires Egg Run - 9 April 2017
BTW there was over 1000 bikes did the run
I am Spartacus 
(10-04-2017, 11:27 AM)DrMarten Wrote: I saw the photographer step right in your face Kev...
Is there anything you don't miss?
(10-04-2017, 01:39 PM)Ledwardio Wrote: Cracking day out lads.

Glad my ride home wasn't quite as eventful as yours, though my list of jobs to do is probably as long  Laugh
Great day mate. Loved it. It was eventful - but the engineers got it sorted. Touch and go for a while, but we sorted it.
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
I miss nothing....!

Anything can be fixed...

My Monkey was up and ready to go again today...sadly I wasn't!

Could've done with a spa day... ached all day, all over.
Illigitimi non carborundum.
I really wasn't bay at all mate. Surprised myself TBF.
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
Been having a look to see if there is a 2019 run....

Not a sign of one.
No, can’t see anything - will keep an eye out. Is there nothing similar out West?
I am Spartacus 
Been looking at the two big ones, Wirral and Southport but again, nothing to be found, except a mention on a FB link for the Wirral one, and as I’m not on FB.... I’m locked out!
Jeez you pair will be getting ready for the Xmas decs again soon  Laugh
[Image: 0s4xliEM.jpeg]

In Madness You Dwell

Bah humbug
I am Spartacus 
Something rings bells with the Easter Egg runs over here that they have had to stop.

There seems to have been a sharp decline since 2015... whether it is down to one or more issues I now can’t remember.

Christmas?  Rolleyes
Strange how these things work, current fashion for bikes comes with more cubic storage space than a Volvo estate ideal for carrying boxes not like the bikes from a few years ago and now no sign of using them.

I didn’t actually attend an “egg run” who has them

DrMarten Wrote:Something rings bells with the Easter Egg runs over here that they have had to stop.

There seems to have been a sharp decline since 2015... whether it is down to one or more issues I now can’t remember.

Christmas?  Rolleyes

I suspect that, as these things become popular and successful, they also become a complete pain in the arse and logistically more challenging for the volunteer organisers (or typically organiser) so then they stop, and no one takes over.
I am Spartacus 
I believe Gingers Easter Egg Run from Wigan to Manchester is scheduled for the first weekend in April

https://www.leighjournal.co.uk/news/1609...l-journey/

And Roughleys do one from Stockport I think.

Details are a bit sketchy
I am Spartacus 
Stoke Egg and Toy runs are probably the longest running (40 years), last year's was called off due to ice and snow !!!

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news/sto...ue-1353368

Not seen anything for 2019, but as you can see from the photos they get a bit "overpopulated" these days, trundling along at 15mph with a bunch of Harleys isn't my idea of a day out anyhow.

Btw, what time are we meeting at the Raven on 31 Dec 19 ?
There's no hope ........ he'll be an engineer !
Tribute to the Wirral Egg is 7th April it’s normally a MCBB bucket shaker event for me but last year it was fecking brassic !!!! .... will still be going theism year work depending

https://m.facebook.com/groups/732958583439719/
My real name is Dave 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boundary 500 Coast to Coast 2017 - Sat 1st July Ledwardio 309 23,149 19-07-2017, 10:13 PM
Last Post: lbk
  MancRiders Spain Tour 2017 Lefty 474 34,222 19-05-2017, 06:21 AM
Last Post: DrMarten
  THE RAVEN - Pre Spain flight check - Sunday 23rd April 11.59hrs Badboybez 45 5,131 20-04-2017, 09:22 PM
Last Post: lbk
  April 2nd Anyone fancy a day jib out round Wales (long day) Oggy 29 2,857 03-04-2017, 12:29 AM
Last Post: anthony1664