Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
European break down cover.
Been looking at breakdown cover for the Spain gig. It's really shot up in price. Anyone got some good cheap cover?
I have control - standby standby
Mental OR mechanical ??
"I've got a plan so cunning, you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel." - Edmund Blackadder.
You disgust me!
Reckon you could blame Brexit and the sinking £  Tongue
Used these in the past:-

https://my.eta.co.uk/breakdown/single-tr...ver/quote/

http://www.qdosbreakdown.co.uk/policy-type.php
[Image: 0s4xliEM.jpeg]

In Madness You Dwell

Cheers Bez. Just watched Hacksaw ridge - great recommendation ole beam. Poor Bev was in floods of tears. What a guy!
(02-04-2017, 12:13 AM)lbk Wrote: Cheers Bez. Just watched Hacksaw ridge - great recommendation ole beam. Poor Bev was in floods of tears. What a guy!

Great film - them boys took some shit.

In Madness You Dwell

Top film isn't it? Brutal. 

We've upped our Nationwide bank account to a Flex Plus and that comes with full European cover amongst other things. The £10 a month is cheaper than just the UK cover I had from AA. Something to consider?
Bite my shiny metal ass
Yep same here.

RBS Platinum account does the same, I kept mine going as I need GPz cover, the Honda's both came with European AA cover... which is ironic as I have no intention of taking the MSX to Hanover.
"I've got a plan so cunning, you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel." - Edmund Blackadder.
(02-04-2017, 08:55 AM)Ledwardio Wrote: Top film isn't it? Brutal. 

We've upped our Nationwide bank account to a Flex Plus and that comes with full European cover amongst other things. The £10 a month is cheaper than just the UK cover I had from AA. Something to consider?

make sure you go through the small print Lee they have a habit of looking good but when you need it they disappoint, I had a Halifax "Ultimate Reward" account that had breackdown cover plus holidays etc etc first time I used it to recover a car the AA said "yes we can recover it 10 miles or to the nearest garage" "if you want to get home you will need to upgade to our Gold service that's a further £100+" I rang Halifax they said yes that's right you can upgrade it with us for £30 Dodgy

anyways get someone in branch who looks like they know what they are doing and go through it, I checked holiday cover and that was the same sounded good but its actually the base line entry level
Actions prove who someone is, words just prove who they aspire to be 

(02-04-2017, 02:53 PM)Buffalo Wrote:
(02-04-2017, 08:55 AM)Ledwardio Wrote: Top film isn't it? Brutal. 

make sure you go through the small print Lee they have a habit of looking good but when you need it they disappoint, I had a Halifax "Ultimate Reward" account that had breackdown cover plus holidays etc etc first time I used it to recover a car the AA said "yes we can recover it 10 miles or to the nearest garage" "if you want to get home you will need to upgade to our Gold service that's a further £100+" I rang Halifax they said yes that's right you can upgrade it with us for £30 Dodgy

anyways get someone in branch who looks like they know what they are doing and go through it, I checked holiday cover and that was the same sounded good but its actually the base line entry level

Yep heard that before.

In Madness You Dwell

Boom! Sorted my cover out - single trip Cover - UK and European with all the bells and whistles, repatriation if all goes proper tits up. Eversure £35 dabs all on. Happy with that!
Thanks Buffalo, I did give the t&c's a thorough check before diving in.
Bite my shiny metal ass
(02-04-2017, 07:32 PM)ILedwardio Wrote: Thanks Buffalo, I did give the t&c's a thorough check before diving in.

I'd get the wife to give the T&C'S the once over Ledwankio. TBF - you can be a bit thick and could have Missed some small detail like....not covered in Europe  Laugh Just saying before you start breathing heavy.
Talking of diving in.... one shot cover....

What about cover for the Coast to Coast....??!!

Just statin' the bleedin' obvious Rolleyes
They have a support vehicle. So at worst- it'll be taken to my van or I'll just get on the bus with it?
True! Liking that idea....
Gone with these (used them last time in Spain) - also as they have a local office up the road and it all goes tits up I'm relying on one of you chaps to burn the place down Wink

Navigator Travel Insurance - Motorcycle Gold - taken with the excess waiver comes out at £36.10
[/url]
[url=https://www.voyageroasis.co.uk/quote/qb-v4-frame.asp?LabelTitleStep1=&LabelTypePolicy=&LabelResidence=&LabelDestination=&LabelPeriod=&LabelInsuredCategory=&LabelNumberTravellers=&LabelAges=&LabelPeriodFrom=&LabelPeriodTo=&LabelPeriodHelp=&LabelTripDetails=&PreDefinedAges=&CSSSet=&TypePolicyList=&TypePolicy=&TypePolicyOn=&emailAddress=&password=&voucher=]https://www.voyageroasis.co.uk/quote/qb-v4-frame.asp?LabelTitleStep1=&LabelTypePolicy=&LabelResidence=&LabelDestination=&LabelPeriod=&LabelInsuredCategory=&LabelNumberTravellers=&LabelAges=&LabelPeriodFrom=&LabelPeriodTo=&LabelPeriodHelp=&LabelTripDetails=&PreDefinedAges=&CSSSet=&TypePolicyList=&TypePolicy=&TypePolicyOn=&emailAddress=&password=&voucher=

In Madness You Dwell