Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forkin' Hell!
Last April the GPz popped a fork seal and I thought I'd get around to it, but with what followed with family issues I left it....

So... on Saturday I pulled the anti dive units off and found them jammed solid. Great! As in blocking the free flow of fork oil.... hence a blown seal.

Found bits of hardend chrome... game over.

So.... with a deep breath... eBay loomed.... bought another set.... I'll retire to the garage to strip them and see what I've bought... Rolleyes

Life with classic bikes eh
I am Spartacus 
When it's running.... it's fantastic. Hard to believe it's 33 years old. Rides like today's bikes, brakes excepted...

But you need the patience of a Saint to deal with its idiosyncratic ways.

It's good fun tinkering- don't ya think?
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
If in doubt, take it apart Dodgy
Suzuki is coming on, spent a week shining up the alloy covers, forks rebuilt, so front end should be built up soon, also mot'd the 400/4, had a little blast, what a lovely little bike! 40 years old and bloody flies, with ace handling, might hang onto it for a bit  Shy
New set sought Seth....

A weekend warrior appears to have been in there with a knife and fork. Parts that they tried to fix are unavailable now, the anti dive units.

A 400Four... my Dad had a new one in 75... beautiful bike.

Woooo Hooooo! 

New forks came yesterday. Neighbour had taken them in after Hermes driver had put No13 on the card...thick twat. There are only 8 houses. Rolleyes

Cave day today then?
Indeed....

DO NOT DISTURB sign on door.

It’s great having time off...

Back in the garage. The forks I bought off eBay (see above...) looked immaculate.

Fork seal burst.... tried to unscrew top cap ..... and some chimpanzee had used a rattle gun. Why bike butchers....read mechanics Rolleyes use such equipment is beyond me. If they knew metallurgy ... a light steel bolt rattle gunned into hardend chrome... the heat and torque will effectively compress said cap into fork tube.... game over....

Back to old forks....

Rebuilt yet again.... we will see what the future brings....

We need to get you a Honda 90 to play with so you can stop playing with forks  Laugh
I am Spartacus 
In a word.... no!

No more I say.... I’ve had my fill.

I’ll help with yours.... only to sabotage the brakes when it’s Lefty the Weasels turn Big Grin

Brakes? I was thinking of junking them to save weight  Laugh
I am Spartacus 
The easy way forward for that is simple.....

Give the mighty Buffalo a call.... get your racers fit.

I’ll say no more.

(28-12-2017, 12:11 PM)DrMarten Wrote: In a word.... no!

No more I say.... I’ve had my fill.

I’ll help with yours.... only to sabotage the brakes when it’s Lefty the Weasels turn Big Grin

Laugh Laugh
You wouldn't have any team left if they got on Buff's regiment Laugh
Do your worst Martin, I don't need brakes  Laugh
I am Weasel. Hmm, toasty warm hands................. I love my smashing heated grips O'shagnasty.
[Image: 84UXVnH0.jpg]
Unless you shed some lbs old chap.... brakes will be the least of your worries.

I’m looking at zero friction lubricants for bearings, chain and engine... 

Will research the MAM that’s maximum authorised mass and the full traction capacity of the clutch to see if that little engine stands a chance of getting any one of you big units off the line, let alone maintaining forward momentum.

I'm lithe.... It's that fat Irish spud and North Eastern Welsh Yorkshire Feckin reprobate you need to worry about.
I am Weasel. Hmm, toasty warm hands................. I love my smashing heated grips O'shagnasty.
[Image: 84UXVnH0.jpg]
Make your mind up!.....is Ledwankio - Irish, Welsh from North East Yorkshire. Highlighting Ledwankios weight problem - especially over the festive season, is quite inappropriate tbh. He’s quite sensitive about being portly. Just saying - before it all starts getting personal.
Carry on!