Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How quiet is it....?
Got to be honest - I totally get, how you could fall into the trap of shorts and Tshirt, in the sunshine states. Unbelievably gay them Harley boys  Laugh
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
Yesterday, it was unbelievably hot here.... even by half 9 in the evening it was stil 20C.

Went for breakfast at Sam’s, air mesh jacket and gloves, jeans and shorty bike boots....

Now then... the HSE of biking were already there.... you know the ones I’m on about..... HiViz and all the textile kit... playing plastic police....

One wanders over to lecture me over the dangers I face and the cost to the NHS! Several tried this to others turning up who they believed were inappropriately dressed.

I simply said to Mr RoSPA to politely fuck off, reminded him, this is our area, not his. We don’t ride like twats on our roads unlike him and his party in the self righteous belief that they have seen it and done it and they are far better trained... my arse.

Within a short space of time, some of the locals lads and ladies turned up in less than I was and  were similarly approached with what was heard.... constructive advice. 

Overhearing what was a really good point from one. 1. Fuck Off not in my terms, but in a very firm and polite way 2. Whilst people of your persuasion like you are wearing all the safety gear, and subsequently having rapidly rising body temperature 3. Falling levels of concentration due to dehydration .... 4. Field and depth of vision deteriorates...along with hearing and smell...( didn’t know that!) but a good point...

Poor old Mr RoSPA had picked on a GP.... who was on a very civilised BMW.... R nine T in similar clothing to me... by then, it was 27C....

I do and I don’t subscribe to what people class as appropriate kit. 

Yes! I have ridden in T shirts back in the day....and no gloves... so sue me!
I’ve paid into the NHS all my working life.... so my share is yet to be claimed.....
As long as I wear a CE, BS approved helmet, all you self appointed safety officers can just... Laugh

How liberating!
Lefty and I went guerrilla in France the other week (no jackets) - started off "it's only 8k to the next POI", then to "it's only 15k to the next POI", then to 'it's only 22k to the next POI" then "fuck it' Big Grin 
Quite liberating.

Tell you what though this year I've been bitten by everyhing with fucking wings - never ever get bitten and usually smirk at those who do - but look like I've stood in front of the Bullesye dartboard when the non dart player was throwing.

Not seen the scouser of the insect world yet (wasp)
[Image: 0s4xliEM.jpeg]

In Madness You Dwell

You’re spot on about wasps!

Not seen one at all so far this year, the bees are out.
I take the view - each to their own with bike kit. I suffer hugely in the heat. To such a degree, that I overheat very quickly. So I need light clothing with protection built in. Very difficult to strike the ballance. 

If I wore textile/ leather heavy kit, i’d overheat and fall a sleep. This has nearly happened a few times over the years. I don’t advocate the tshirt and shorts boys, but if thats what they want to do - then that's up to them. I always wear my kev jeans and ankle boots. Plus the love coat of course. 

Some people would deem my kit as not enough, but who cares what other people think. 

Funnily enough! I've not seen any scousers this year. Loads of bees though. Which is hreat to see.
It takes a special kind of knobhead to tell other riders what to wear, luckily none have ever approached me or they’d get a swift fuck-off. 

I’ve only ever once had a couple of sly digs from someone when I rode 200 yards in t-shirt and jeans to refuel and check tyre pressures before getting togged-up for a ride - but now he is a she and a heterophobic cunt so I’ll let it slide  Laugh

I do get the urge to mention it to young guns, I can just remember those days of uncalculated ignorance myself, but to approach a grown man in the prime of his biking life such as Doc is crazy. I hope they got ran out of Dodge (after being given time to fully fasten their layers and straighten their high-biz of course).
I am Spartacus 
In a way I pity them..... they have no opinion, Little or no experiance in life so they need to be told what to do and why....

Luckily when I was a child, my mum would say... stick you hand in the fire.... only you will get hurt! Well... it was the 60’s!

But by doing that, I learned to reason...! Not just be a chinless wonder.

I digress.... I’ve ordered some Jesus boots, shorts and a cheese cloth shirt for the next time the RoSPA police are there....
Might be a look to adopt.... the daily Red Tops are forecasting 30C for 3 months.... yeah! Far Out Maaan.
ATTGAT and Hi-vis for me regardless, but then I have more "experience" than most and have definitely reaped the benefits on more than one occasion.

I don't feel the need to lecture anyone, promoting good gear is ok, I prefer just taking the piss, or just rolling my trouser leg up Laugh

I'm the opposite in that I get people asking "aren't you hot in that", for the girls "I'm hot in anything sweetheart", for the boys "If you're too hot, you're not going fast enough" Tongue
There's no hope ........ he'll be an engineer !
(11-06-2018, 01:07 PM)Dilbert Wrote: ATTGAT and Hi-vis for me regardless, but then I have more "experience" than most and have definitely reaped the benefits on more than one occasion.

I don't feel the need to lecture anyone, promoting good gear is ok, I prefer just taking the piss, or just rolling my trouser leg up Laugh

I'm the opposite in that I get people asking "aren't you hot in that", for the girls "I'm hot in anything sweetheart", for the boys "If you're too hot, you're not going fast enough" Tongue

Brilliant  Laugh Laugh
(11-06-2018, 01:07 PM)Dilbert Wrote: ATTGAT and Hi-vis for me regardless, but then I have more "experience" than most and have definitely reaped the benefits on more than one occasion.

OK OK..... that’s the 70’s gawfaww gawfaww humour done...

So what do you wear?? Wax Belstaff, wax pants and ..... but that’s yet another story...
We are all grown up boys & girls and as such have to stand by our actions if and I have in the past as a young lad ridden a motorbike with a TShirt and it turns to rat shit its down to me that said its also down to the NHS and every other fecker to pay for my hospital cost, as an adult i cant recall riding without full clothing, I must admit it was something i increasingly found off putting one of my last rides was cut short as I just couldn't be arsed with feeling like a cooked lobster.

We cant have double standards if the older rider is wearing no jacket then we cant rag the younger lads & girls on scooters for doing the same, for me as a minimum it would be gloves, boots jeans (Kevlar) a light jacket, riding in Spain at the weekend and it was hot but all the locals had full gear on.

I was cycling this the A397 Marbella to Ronda it was full of bikers, man what a road if you get the chance 

https://youtu.be/hX94WsyAa_g
 15.July.2018 14hrs 55mins 03seconds 

(11-06-2018, 02:11 PM)DrMarten Wrote:

OK OK..... that’s the 70’s gawfaww gawfaww humour done...

So what do you wear?? Wax Belstaff, wax pants and ..... but that’s yet another story...

Haven't had a wax Belstaff since I ripped the buckle off in the 80's, went round a car who decided to turn right, slid across the grass and almost buried the bike in a drystone wall, the rake angle was interesting on the hobble ride home.

Had a set of Bering textiles and Alpinestar boots cut off me last time, got a lightweight Richa hi-vis jacket now, with RST leather jeans and TCX boots, topped off with a Shoei Hornet helmet.

Don't sweat like a Tory at a tax evasion enquiry though, something to do with the alleged Mediterranean heratige, probably Shy
Buff

My Mrs has full Kevlar lined jeans now, swears by them, nice and stretchy too, so they don't shrink over winter like her leathers seem to, it's a mystery how that happens Blush Huh
Beautifully quiet.....that the two protagonists are away.
(21-07-2018, 08:03 AM)DrMarten Wrote: Beautifully quiet.....that the two protagonists are away.

Together ?
 15.July.2018 14hrs 55mins 03seconds 

Thank goodness no!

Despite having a work Husband Rolleyes whichever way you would like to examine that statement as it can work for either of them.. Kevin is away with his wife ie not Lefty.... Lefty is away chasing his front wheel.
Lefty had a little argument with some gravel - went down like Neymar  Big Grin
He’s fine and a little bit of on the hoof engineering and he’s mobile again.
[Image: 0s4xliEM.jpeg]

In Madness You Dwell

He’s not having too much luck after the Plop race.
I’m back!!! Ta dah!!!!!!!!!