Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cyclists - A law unto themselves ....
Will just leave this here :

Should cyclists have to take a riding test?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41346237
(21-09-2017, 10:55 PM)anthony1664 Wrote: Will just leave this here :

Should cyclists have to take a riding test?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41346237

don't see why not should be part of a training programme, I remember back in the day doing a "cycling proficiency test" at school it was part of the Tufty club from memory 

personally for me it should all be part of a well being programme promoted at an early age cycling running swimming general fitness, we need to do something now or we will sink under the weight (no pun intended) off poor health in years to come
All that it takes is all that you`ve got 

I do actually agree with Buff on this. Think back to when we was kids, we got absolutely bollocked and was considered a freak if I was anywhere near the house, let alone in it during business hours. Well I certainly did for sure. You only came in when the street lights come on. All that fresh air, constantly on the go on your bike etc. Nowadays....phwaaaaaa!!!
I have control - standby standby
I did my cycling proficiency test as a kid taught me some road sense.... my old fella used to teach it too took it up after he was made redundant for the 2nd time when all the industry's in the NE shut down and chucked folk on the scrapheap before they were ready to retire
That's the Tories for you old son.
I have control - standby standby
Think you'll find there is a similar scheme for kids these days.

https://bikeability.org.uk/

Just in case you've got some keen ankle biters wanting to ride safe.
So, that was 2017....
Why do you need training to ride a bike it's not hard ffs
I thought I was about to witness someone brown bread today, some elderly gent on an old shopping bike oblivious to the world approaching a T junction did a "sorry mate" manoeuvre unfortunately the vehicle approaching was a wagon, the good news was it had a good driver behind the wheel who managed to swerve, I felt bad because I was in a hurry and my first thought was feck I haven't got time for this rather than someones granddad it now under the front of a wagon.

he will tootle home and tomorrow will no doubt be approaching the same junction only this time in his car and when he pulls out it might be a motorbike coming the other way.

I guess the training & assessment element should never stop
All that it takes is all that you`ve got 

Funny you say that Buff, saw a young girl obviously enjoying the ride...

She was going a fair pace, totally oblivious to road conditions and volume.... and there was the answer!  In Ear headphones.... zoned out. She got blasted by a couple of cars....but how on earth can you not see a double deck bus?? 

The driver had to brake as she pulled out to avoid a grid..... now... if I had 18 tons of bus up my ass... but what about the 40 or so passengers who could be injured by emergency braking....

It's not a deliberate act....some could say selfishness.... but I'd say it's simple.... with all the promotion of cycling..... they forgot to include the Highway Code.
So, that was 2017....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cyclists on the snake pass MarkW7 29 758 28-11-2016, 02:41 PM
Last Post: DrMarten