Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The "What did you Learn Today" Thread.
[quote name='Ducky' timestamp='1299188720' post='7803']
i learned today: after a long week working away and arriving home tonight looking forward to putting my feet up and chilling out, then discovering a boiler leak (big leak) and chip pan not due home till tomorrow night that friends on the forum do far more than meet up for rides out, they also help out! Thanks Lefty, much appreciated
[/quote]
The pleasure was all mine. Glad your sorted B)
I am Weasel. Hmm, toasty warm hands................. I love my smashing heated grips O'shagnasty.
[Image: 84UXVnH0.jpg]
[quote name='Duffy' timestamp='1299162667' post='7736']
I've learnt that every employer on the planet thinks its ok to feed me a load of shit to keep me working with my mouth shut and ok not to pay a january bonus and pays it in march.

Wanker.
[/quote]
I also learned today that I might be able to help a fellow forum member, Duffy, PM me the details and I will review their compliance to legislation
Learned that if you take a oven grid out of the oven whilst its hot it doesn't get cold in 2 minutes

also learned that we will give you call tomorrow is bollocks as 2 days later i still haven't had my call still i'm ok got 2 wheels to ride on so its all good looks like i'll be down to leek on their bike.
Short neck - Long Legs

Learned a new way of remembering which loops to attach Lilie Rose's sling to the Hoist from new carer today. Cheers Mel

I was using Red White & Blue, but there not in order............................. :unsure:

Well there you go! Of no use to anyone but thought I'd share anyway. Wink
Ive finally learnt after a life time of trying my wife will always win an argument even though i'm right i still loose.Lesson learnt.
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
Saturday i learned that a 4x4 is only a 4x4 if both diffs are working,
als learend that if fuell gauge says empty maybe it really is empty.

This Moron managed to dig in a landy at FAO (airsoft) got recovery one stuck initially as well before finaly getting all back out.

then on way home i look down at fuell guage as turn onto motor way thinking that looks rather empty wonder if i can make petrol station. well i got past the first exit and stranded :S SHITE
thanks to my loving adobtive sister who came ot my rescue with few quids of petty to get me going again. DAMN DAMN DAMN. GIVE ME BACK MY BIKE, its so much easier to just get warning light and message that your on reserve, who looks at them analogue gauges these days Tongue

you guys missed a great day airsofting, big turnout all ran rather smooth and i was riding one of the verichles what more can you ask for Tongue
[quote name='lbk' timestamp='1299503921' post='7974']
Ive finally learnt after a life time of trying my wife will always win an argument even though i'm right i still loose.Lesson learnt.
[/quote]

Well Done,you have passed one of life's lessons, spread the word Wink
Black sqirrels! Never seen one but apparently the UK is having an issue with the growing population of Black Squirrels Sad
[quote name='lbk' timestamp='1299503921' post='7974']
[/quote]

Kev, don't start the argument...just pacify.....then that gets an argument going.....basically.....you are buggered Laugh

What I do, I think of something on a new subject, then let her take it up, eventually it's her idea......and she has forgotten the original reason for starting it.....
[quote name='SamTheEagle' timestamp='1299517214' post='7997']
Kev, don't start the argument...just pacify.....then that gets an argument going.....basically.....you are buggered Laugh

What I do, I think of something on a new subject, then let her take it up, eventually it's her idea......and she has forgotten the original reason for starting it.....
[/quote]
Second lesson ive learnt today thanks sam. Laugh
Or do what I do go for a ride, by the time I get back she has usually forgotten what we were arguing about LOL If not I just go out again........................ costs a fortune in petrol mind. :blink:
....... if I do slink off.....it's only worse when I get back!

The consolation is she always says, never go to bed on an argument..... Rolleyes
martin i don't think you understand,
when ray says he goes off for a ride on the bike it's to gibraltar for tea, no wonder she bloody forgets Laugh
I employ the Peltzman effect. Out of context, but it works.
[quote name='xandyx1' timestamp='1299528213' post='8047']
martin i don't think you understand,
when ray says he goes off for a ride on the bike it's to gibraltar for tea, no wonder she bloody forgets Laugh
[/quote]

I forgot the wanderlust in him......if I did that, mine would be singing that old Dolly Parton record on the karoke....... D I V O R C E Laugh
if i did that she'd bloody forget who i was Laugh
And if I did that....... Answers on a postcard please... Big Grin
I'd sell my shares in the male erectile aid manufacturig companies that sub-contract to Ann Summers. Wink
Learned today that signing up with a dentist would have been a good move.
Learned today that when you move furniture around and it leaves an imprint in your carpet,a packet of frozen peas and a fork to fluff it back up actually works. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Brexit Thread. lbk 329 3,543 20-03-2019, 11:33 PM
Last Post: anthony1664
  LBK’S I’m disgusted or not disgusted thread. lbk 36 517 01-12-2018, 04:16 PM
Last Post: lbk
  A reading from William Dunlop’s funeral today. lbk 0 167 11-07-2018, 07:55 PM
Last Post: lbk
  Today's Birthday wishes Lefty 15 1,250 02-11-2017, 05:46 PM
Last Post: Man C Rider