Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The "What did you Learn Today" Thread.
Been having a little think recently and thought I'd post this up.

But each day we learn something new, could be a new skill, ability or an interesting fact about something or other.

So......

What did you learn today ?
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
Since it is my thread I will post first, unless someone sees this thread as soon as the original was posted and is a quicker typer than me (P.S. - I am trying to type fast here)...

But today I learned:

That the Polish word for "Hangover" is "Kac" (Pronounced "Cats")

And i also learned that there's a street in Melbourne called 'Batman Avenue'. Smile
[quote name='lbk' timestamp='1299010435' post='7609']
Since it is my thread I will post first, unless someone sees this thread as soon as the original was posted and is a quicker typer than me (P.S. - I am trying to type fast here)...

But today I learned:

That the Polish word for "Hangover" is "Kac" (Pronounced "Cats")

And i also learned that there's a street in Melbourne called 'Batman Avenue'. Smile

To add to this info: Batman Park can be found on Batman Avenue (the world trade centre is opposite on Batman Avenue, went to a conference there and was asked by the local "adult-sitter" if we wanted to go to Batman Park, we were all enthusiastic, then a tad disappointed to find it was a normal park with grass n trees and not a Batman Theme Park - hey hoo)
[/quote]
I learned that there are 1024 megabytes in a gigabyte, I assumed there was a 1000.
while we're doing Polish the work for Tits is titskis , you couldnt make it up could ya . Laugh
I am Weasel. Hmm, toasty warm hands................. I love my smashing heated grips O'shagnasty.
[Image: 84UXVnH0.jpg]
[quote name='Ducky' timestamp='1299014636' post='7616']
I learned that there are 1024 megabytes in a gigabyte, I assumed there was a 1000.
[/quote]
how many if you only take minorbytes Wink
I am Weasel. Hmm, toasty warm hands................. I love my smashing heated grips O'shagnasty.
[Image: 84UXVnH0.jpg]
I learnt that if you think to your self "sod it, I'll fill up tomorrow" it would have been cheaper to have done it the day before. Rolleyes
[quote name='Ducky' timestamp='1299014636' post='7616']
[/quote]
But of course! In binary 1=1, 2=10, 4=100, 8=1,000, 16=10,000, 32, 64, 128, 256, 612, 1024=10,000,000,000. Simples. But understanding the "working out" is easier when you have the answer, but first we have to realise there is a question, which i hadn't either. Thanks Ducks
Super Cross riders use handle bar risers to allow more space for the forks to be pushed further up through the yoke. This steepens the rake angle which, facilitates faster tighter turns using less force on the bar. Actually, i already knew the second sentence.
Learned today that i do not have the ability to fly, walk through wall's nor be inresistable to the other sex.

lets hope we learn some thing usefull tomorrow Big Grin
I learnt today that the 50 in the hawahii 50 tv program means the 50th state Smile
Lesson i learned today, why spend your lunch hour inside when your can Ride. Damn the weather is nice, word of warning to fellow rides, farmers seem to get bussy as well and create allot of mess on the road, don't go rolling in it. came round bend and there was a massive mud trail. slowed down and noticed that the tail became abit loose so gently let some more of the speed escape and waited for the road to clear up, awsome drive, cannot wait for ride out.
I've learnt that every employer on the planet thinks its ok to feed me a load of shit to keep me working with my mouth shut and ok not to pay a january bonus and pays it in march.

Wanker.
[quote name='Duffy' timestamp='1299162667' post='7736']
I've learnt that every employer on the planet thinks its ok to feed me a load of shit to keep me working with my mouth shut and ok not to pay a january bonus and pays it in march.

Wanker.
[/quote]

You think you are hard done too with that......

Last April......we were awarded 2.5 %.....Touch your forelock.....Y'thank ye, good sir....thank ye......

Comes Oct.....where's our money......???

Promises Nov...then.....Dec.....Yeh....you've got it....Jan....feb.....

Our lords and masters in Dusseldorf found out, manager booted out.....it was a special payment.....March.

But 11 months...... :angry:
learnt today in a 'Business Continuity Planning' meeting that lasted 3 hours that what we have been doing for the past 10 years was ample enough and the chap who did the meeting got shot down and is probably out of a job!
3 hours of my life I won't get back.
[Image: 0s4xliEM.jpeg]

In Madness You Dwell

Ive learnt today that the dummy used to train medical staff first aiders is called resus annie,was named after the guy's daughter who invented the dummy after she died as a child.
lots and lots of Health & Safety so today I would say it was HSG65; HASAWA S2(1); S2(2) a - e & S3(1); MHSWR Reg3 & Reg14;RIDOR HSE Form F2508 & F2508A etc etc etc........
My real name is Dave 
i learned today: after a long week working away and arriving home tonight looking forward to putting my feet up and chilling out, then discovering a boiler leak (big leak) and chip pan not due home till tomorrow night that friends on the forum do far more than meet up for rides out, they also help out! Thanks Lefty, much appreciated
[quote name='anthony1664' timestamp='1299188061' post='7797']
lots and lots of Health & Safety so today I would say it was HSG65; HASAWA S2(1); S2(2) a - e & S3(1); MHSWR Reg3 & Reg14;RIDOR HSE Form F2508 & F2508A etc etc etc........
[/quote]
I see you and bbb have had a good day at the office then Laugh
[quote name='lbk' timestamp='1299188770' post='7804']
I see you and bbb have had a good day at the office then Laugh
[/quote]

not in the office for me week 1 of a 2 week course and the end of week 2 has two 2.5hr exams.....I ain't done a proper writing exam since 1988 so that's going to be fun! bbb got the fun of his as I was on this if that makes any sense
My real name is Dave 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Brexit Thread. lbk 329 3,508 Yesterday, 11:33 PM
Last Post: anthony1664
  LBK’S I’m disgusted or not disgusted thread. lbk 36 515 01-12-2018, 04:16 PM
Last Post: lbk
  A reading from William Dunlop’s funeral today. lbk 0 167 11-07-2018, 07:55 PM
Last Post: lbk
  Today's Birthday wishes Lefty 15 1,249 02-11-2017, 05:46 PM
Last Post: Man C Rider