Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lbk's book corner
[quote name='Badboybez' timestamp='1316881962' post='21345']
Just finished 'Against The Wind' - Ron Ayres.
Very good read about the Iron Butt Rally.
[/quote]

Fancy a read of that BBB any chance of a loan?

Just finished reading Red Tape & White Knuckles by Lois Pryce it's a great book. Could'nt put it down. Great take on what is becoming the "Ride to Do!" Wink
Admin can we get this post "Pinned" Please Big Grin
done Wink
I am Weasel. Hmm, toasty warm hands................. I love my smashing heated grips O'shagnasty.
[Image: 84UXVnH0.jpg]
Cheers Big Lad Big Grin

Now to start Tortillas to Totems by Sam..................... Wink
Quote:Fancy a read of that BBB any chance of a loan?

Aye no problems. Took a while to pin this one down as it's now 'out of print'. Eventually got it from Germany second hand.
[Image: 0s4xliEM.jpeg]

In Madness You Dwell

I'm reading shaun ryder at the moment,Its really funny.The guys a nut job but well worth it up to now Laugh
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
[quote name='Badboybez' timestamp='1318273628' post='22424']
Aye no problems. Took a while to pin this one down as it's now 'out of print'. Eventually got it from Germany second hand.
[/quote]

Nice one, just hope its in English Tongue Laugh Laugh last German I had to read were my Divorce Papers.......................... :blink: nuph said!!! Laugh
Def in English mate Wink

In Madness You Dwell

[quote name='Jap_STi_3' timestamp='1318437957' post='22559']
Nice one, just hope its in English Tongue Laugh Laugh last German I had to read were my Divorce Papers.......................... :blink: nuph said!!! Laugh
[/quote]
PMSL Laugh
[quote name='Jap_STi_3' timestamp='1318437957' post='22559']
[/quote]
Seen that one before!
Finished Tortillas to Totems and it was great....................

Then finished Lois on the Loose by Lois Pryce and enjoyed that tooooooooooooo.......

Read "Tea with Bin Laden's Brother last Saturday............... a good read but only 100 pages long and 50 of them are cartoons. Took me 4 hours tops including brew time. Anyone wants a read lend it from me don't buy it.

Started on Return to Jupiter and it's turning out to be a good read.... Cheers Ted! I'll keep you updated!

Only got The Rugged Road left in the "to read" pile!!!!

Role on Christmas!
Bevs thinking of buying me a kindle for chrimbo.Anybody got one and are they any good?
RAYMONDO I'LL HAVE A GO AT THE BIN LARD ASS ONE M8.GIVE US A MONTH OR SO WHILE I FINISH SHAUN RYDER PAL.
Yep Kindle in our gaff. Good bit of kit and books are cheap.
You can download a program that lets u download books for bugger all. Wink

In Madness You Dwell

Never had one but you cab only read books bought from Amazon..... you can't download ebooks onto them.
[quote name='Panman Chips' timestamp='1321981221' post='25361']
Never had one but you cab only read books bought from Amazon..... you can't download ebooks onto them.
[/quote]

Oh but you can Smile

Calibre

In Madness You Dwell

Well i stand corrected then.... heard on the radio you couldn't..
J,s got a kindle loves it but had to buy a cover with a light in for evening reading. Not tried it myself mind
Guess what i'm getting for christmas then.You'll have to run us through the downloading bez when i get it m8.Especially the free one Laugh
[quote name='lbk' timestamp='1322163635' post='25503']
Guess what i'm getting for christmas then.You'll have to run us through the downloading bez when i get it m8.Especially the free one Laugh
[/quote]

Will do

In Madness You Dwell

ATM I'm Reading World War Z - Max Brooks. Zombie books might not be your cup of tea but its a very interesting book in terms of global economics and politics during a global pandemic and peoples struggle to break from our comfortable, disposable, consumer lifestyle.

Also a book I read a few years ago that I still rate as one of the best books I've read is Spit against the wind - Anna Smith, brilliant story, would highly recommend to any one.

Next book in line is 1984 - George Orwell been meaning to read for a while but never got round to it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  lbk's Quiz corner lbk 5 1,620 19-09-2014, 06:44 PM
Last Post: xandyx1
  OK let's not judge a book by it's cover ChrisJH 17 1,651 29-09-2013, 08:14 PM
Last Post: Oggy
  Having a good day....whats coming round the corner? Badboybez 56 7,133 18-03-2013, 10:10 PM
Last Post: anthony1664