Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lbk's book corner
As some of you will know,i read books all the time,hard to believe i know but i read every single day,a bit of ocd i think.Anyway i thought i'll start a thread and tell people what books etc are worth a look at imho.Whilst in cyprus i bought a book called is that bike diesel mate?-by paul carter.I read it in just over two days.Its well worth a read trust me.Its not just about a bike that runs on cooking oil its about paul, middle age, family and crossing oz on this bike its funny and brilliant.The mighty bev is reading it at the moment but when bevs finished it it can do the rounds.

http://www.play.com/Books/Books/-/224/28...type=genre
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
Bollox..ladybird picture books ain't got that title yet !! Sad
Here ya go Panman

Lady Bird Motorcycle Book
[Image: 0s4xliEM.jpeg]

In Madness You Dwell

It ay for me BigBaldBez !! Tis for Ludo Smile
I still have a copy of that Panties..... You cheeky rat.
Lady bird motorcycle book.................. how small are the bikes ?
I am Weasel. Hmm, toasty warm hands................. I love my smashing heated grips O'shagnasty.
[Image: 84UXVnH0.jpg]
[quote name='Sam the Eagle' timestamp='1311340301' post='15255']
I still have a copy of that [size="5"]Panties[/size]..... You cheeky rat.
[/quote]

Good to see that has stuck Laugh
Well.....he's such a girl, be rude not to keep it up Rolleyes
Nice thread LBK, best I list my books, may be one you've not read

Apart from the smattering of "millitary" reads - Zero Option by Chris Ryan & The Circuit by Bob Shepherd Oh! and Clarksons I Know You Got Soul the rest is bike, bike, bike

Adventure Motorcycling Hand Book - Good reference book for getting it right first time

Jupiters Travels - Ted Simon..................... took me three attempts to get this one read and still have the follow on up stairs to read

Running with the Moon - Jonny Bealby - bit soppy but great holiday read (what am I saying? I only read on bloody holiday)

Old Man on a Bike - Simon Gandolfi - OK read nothing great to say and takes too long to say it!

Angels of Death - William Marsden & Julian Sher - Great book, read from cover to cover non stop over two days. If your slightly quirios about Hells Angels READ THIS BOOK!

Uneasy Rider - Mike Carter ..................... BLOODY FANTASTIC - a must read, funny, sad, hillarious it's got the lot

Motorcycle Therapy - Jeremy Kroeker - Good read if not a little short. Read on flight out but worth it!

Into Africa - Under Asian Skies & ???? - Sam Manicom. Again took some getting into and I have to be in the mood to read Sam's books but well worth the effort. (Nice Guy too, all my books are signed to me from Sam so if you want to borrow them please, please be good to them)

Then there's the best of the best

Way to Go by Geoff Hill - BUY IT! READ IT! then tell me you did'nt fall about laughing.................... Brilliant only bettered by

The Road to Gobblers Knob - Geoff Hill - 100% TOP DRAW STUFF. Geoff is an Irish journalist & he is so funny it is un real.

Well Folks thats my read list for the last three holiday.

I have Sams Distant Sun's up stairs waiting for Spain to come round and another "military" one. I tend to read one then the other but the bike books take over

I also want to read Tea with Binladens Brother soon, apparently another great book.

Happy reading folks.............................. B)
The birthday book, bought by my Daughter, every year I get a book rather tongue in cheek having a dig at Dad....

Every year it's been a book about pig's...... Eating, keeping, breeding.....you name the subject about pigs I've got the book. It's an ongoing joke, as I have been known as Pig ever since Rach has been a baby..... I had this problem, if Rach hadn't eaten all her food...... Yep! Pig was hovering around to finish off every scrap....

Alas this year has brought a change of tack..... The little swine bought Fathers' Wit by Rosemarie Jarski. Viewed by a critical female's eye, of the habits and bemoans of Dads...in general

The twist is that when I'm in here for example, I'll horse around, but at home am quite straight laced and a disciplinarian..... Had to believe I know,

Hence the reason she bought the book, as an oxymoron for me......

Hopefully, as I get time to digest it, literally, but not literally, I'll get back and try to give a point of view.
When you've read it pass it on !! Big Grin
Will do...!
if Pig eat said book he could just pass it Big Grin
I am Weasel. Hmm, toasty warm hands................. I love my smashing heated grips O'shagnasty.
He'd love that, just his style, raking up the shit !!!
bought myself the road to gobblers nob as recommended by ray, i'll let you know my verdict when i'm done.
I've got a copy of Uneasy Rider you can have LBK.
[Image: 0s4xliEM.jpeg]

In Madness You Dwell

Oh its a book, i thought it was the way round to LBK's house. Laugh
Laugh do you wanna use when i'm done lefty Laugh
:blink: not sure Laugh Laugh Laugh
Here's some of the books I've read:
Mr happy
Mr Slow
Mr bump
Mr Tall
Mr bounce
Mr small
Mr Tickle
The Gruffalo

And now I'm on to the secret seven.

I know this looks like I'm taking the piss as usual, but this just short of the sum total of the books I have read from cover to cover in the past 15 years.

I can't think why am so shite at reading and spelling though :blink:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  lbk's Quiz corner lbk 5 1,622 19-09-2014, 06:44 PM
Last Post: xandyx1
  OK let's not judge a book by it's cover ChrisJH 17 1,653 29-09-2013, 08:14 PM
Last Post: Oggy
  Having a good day....whats coming round the corner? Badboybez 56 7,144 18-03-2013, 10:10 PM
Last Post: anthony1664