Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Mortal Coil
Rumour has it, the worlds tallest Hobbit is decorating.... ceilings! How ironic is that...
Illigitimi non carborundum.
Jeremy Hardy, 57 - funny fella
I am Spartacus 
Clive Swift, 82, played Richard in Keeping Up Appearances.... the hen pecked husband of Hyacinth Bucket, pronounced Bouquet....

Yep! That programme.....
Both good comedians RIP
Clive swift was brilliant. Loved that program. RIP.
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
Albert Finney - Sad
[Image: 0s4xliEM.jpeg]

In Madness You Dwell

That’s sad, a very versatile actorrrr
I am Spartacus 
Good actor, strap in for a full on luvie fest
John H Haynes creator of the famous Haynes manuals we have used and sworn at lots over the years

Not one I expect many will know Fred Foster co founder and CEO of ETC (Electronic Theater Control) a man who believed the employees and people were the most important part of the company and despite been one of the biggest names in theatre lights he never forgot them, last year he made every employee a part owner of the company to secure their retirements and to prevent a floation and take over by a big multinational who typically break up such companies and lay off the works to move manufacturing to cheaper 3rd parties.
My real name is Dave 
Fred Foster seems one hell of some guy Dave.
Fred sounds like a great individual RIP
Gordon Banks, 81. Remember the news story breaking about him getting glass in his eyes and it was the end of his playing career.
(12-02-2019, 01:37 AM)lbk Wrote: Fred Foster seems one hell of some guy Dave.

To keep moral up he would ride round the factory on a bike handing out sweets and ice creams, he was still doing that at the event I went to last May when he must have known he had terminal cancer !!

A lot of CEOs could learn a lot from how he treated the staff !!!
My real name is Dave 
Yep. Old school company owners...

I was lucky to work for Ferranti when owned by the family, and that family feeling ran through all the factories.
When signed over, and the accountants and management weasels took over, over 100 years history was ruined in just over 12 years.
(12-02-2019, 06:25 PM)anthony1664 Wrote:
(12-02-2019, 01:37 AM)lbk Wrote: Fred Foster seems one hell of some guy Dave.

To keep moral up he would ride round the factory on a bike handing out sweets and ice creams, he was still doing that at the event I went to last May when he must have known he had terminal cancer !!

A lot of CEOs could learn a lot from how he treated the staff !!!

I think your right Dave.
John Stalker interesting individual I imagine you could go a film around his life and the Norther Ireland inquiry he was stopped from reporting
Came across John a few times in work....

He and my dad knew each other, he would come over say hello and tap you on the shoulder, very caring and down to earth chap.

Raised more than a few eyebrows in the office...
(16-02-2019, 08:16 PM)DrMarten Wrote: Came across John a few times in work....

He and my dad knew each other, he would come over say hello and tap you on the shoulder, very caring and down to earth chap.

Raised more than a few eyebrows in the office...

Used to deliver his paper to his gaff in Dunham - always got a Xmas tip
[Image: 0s4xliEM.jpeg]

In Madness You Dwell

He knew his onions on the sun blinds.