Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Mortal Coil
That’s because you are on the wrong side of the Pennines!

She was on BBC North West.... and Radio 1 in the early 90’s.

She hadn’t told anyone she had the Big C.... just carried on until it took her. Huge respect to her....

Terrible news. Nice lady. RIP!
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
Yes, very sad, she was one of the better regional news presenters
There's no hope ........ he'll be an engineer !
Windsor Davies
[Image: 0s4xliEM.jpeg]

In Madness You Dwell

Windsor Davies.... RIP Lovely Boy !!
Windsor Davies wow I thought he died 20 years ago, can’t see the BBC doing any repeats of “it ain’t half hot mum” as a tribute 

RIP
When the going gets tough you get tougher 
Bloody hell.... me too!

Thought he had shuffled off in the 80’s.

(19-01-2019, 07:05 PM)DrMarten Wrote: Bloody hell.... me too!

Thought he had shuffled off in the 80’s.

Strange how your brain loses fact over time!

A bit of research later Rolleyes, it was Dino Shafeek, the wise cracking Char boy who died in 1984.

Was this a racist programme? A snowflake would probably agree.... and no doubt it was acceptable in the 1970’s...

But Dino was one of the first Asian actors to appear on tv in a comidic role... educated at the university of Dhaka before emigrating to the UK in 1954, he was not the character he was portraying.

Racist? I don’t remember it like that, but I was quite young so it may have gone over my head. Like many shows of that era it was reflecting the general attitudes of the population, shame that they have all been consigned to a box in the cellar. 

I hope Windsor let out a big ‘shut up’ at the end.
I am Spartacus 
I got the CD box set when it was on offer....

Oh God... there could be a perception by a snowflake that it was racist... or let’s say inverted racism.....

Remember the head Indian would eschew to be British and treat his fellow Indians as Indians?!

They’d get kicked, back handed...etc

But the elite white officers were portrayed as elite fops possible closet gay?

Very well scripted mind.

Yeah, but that is possibly what it was like in reality - perhaps if it was classed as a documentary then it would be held in high regard  Laugh
I am Spartacus 
I remember that program being aimed at Gays and being extremely homophobic against LGT's,  OMG's, transgender, binary x marks the spot. Not racism.
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
it was a good deal of all of the above, but hey, it was the 70's, a bit like Love thy Neighbour, the joke was usually at the racists expense Wink
There's no hope ........ he'll be an engineer !
Exactly how I’d describe it.

James Ingram 66.

? Nope

In Madness You Dwell

Ya Mo Be There...? 1983

Hated that song

In Madness You Dwell

Laugh

Hot Rod probably loves it
I am Spartacus