Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
France and Spain 2012
So that we can keep everything in order with regards to the planning/routing of this trip can we keep this thread clear of any curveballs and off topic comments please.... Use the other thread please.

Ok, this is what I propose so far and with your input we can construct this into the actual tour !

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday 26th May

Arrive = Santander 6.00am

No plans yet

Overnight stay = Sallent de Gallego (awaiting hotel availability..)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday 27th May

Depart = Sallent de Gallego

Climb the Pyreenes

Overnight stay = Andorra

Monday 28th May

Depart = Andorra

Overnight stay = Millau

Tuesday 29th May

Depart = Millau

This ride is around the 200mile mark and with the exception of fuel and fag stops we go straight Oradour-sur -Glane and spend the afternoon there... http://www.oradour.info/

Overnight stay = Oradour sur glane

Wednesday 30th May

Depart Oradour sur Glane

I'm still working on the rest Guys... will have it done by Monday !!
nice work thanks panman
Panman - Ok we have the ferry routes sorted and dates? Routes as in down to Santander and then coming back from Calais is it?
Is it worth getting them booked now before a) they sell up B) we get cabins! c) prices go up.
We can sort the routes out anytime.
[Image: 0s4xliEM.jpeg]

In Madness You Dwell

Had a look at ferries out and seems they have not yet put them on sale..... Did a quick quote on 8 bikes 8 people and 2 x 4 berth cabin based on the October times and it was just over £1000 so guess outwards we are looking at £140 ish each
My real name is Dave 
That'd right Dave... timetable for santander ferry should be available in September.

BBB, bunks are included as standard on santander crossing.

With the routing, nothing is set in stone because of all the variables... what is needed however is suggestions of POI's so that we can form a structure, what is up at the moment will change more than likely but once we confirm the ferry we could do with nailing down in order to arrange accomodation.

POI's for this trip....

Bayeaux tapestry
millau bridge
Paris photoshoot
oradour

we need more of these so stick them up here and I'll do my best to route em in !!!

PmC
Iwould suggest that people who are defo going to state they are going so as soon as the ferry places are released weve got the numbers and we can book straightaway and then were not waiting on people.So get your name down if your going peeps.

LBK
PMC
XANDYX
BADBOYBEZ
ANT 1664
LEFTY
BIGREDONE
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
Just a quick update guys....

Sent an email to Brittany Ferries today asking about the ferry timetable and recieved a reply this afternoon telling us that it'll be around 2 weeks before it'll be up on their website.

Those interested please sign up as soon as please if you haven't already, as once I have the details from them it will be booked.

PmC
So the plan is we going for Santander on the way out and Calais on the way back? And the dates are going out on Saturday 26th May and back on ?
My real name is Dave 
Morning Guys...

Had a response from Brittany Ferries yesterday stating that the May timetable will be available in a couple of weeks.

If the timetable is the same as the current March one, then there will be 3 crossings available...

Sunday 11.00am arriving Monday Midday....Beds inc

Wednesday as above....Beds inc

Thursday 22.00 ariving Saturday 06.00 (inc stopoff at La Rochelle)Beds inc

I had looked at the Thursday crossing arriving first thing Saturday, this gives us a full day riding once of the boat. Is this good for everyone ???

Propopsed dates of the trip...

Departing on - Thursday 24th May
Arriving back - Saturday 2nd June (the following Monday and Tuesday are Bank Holidays...)

Let us discuss !!

PmC Big Grin Big Grin
I'm easy and will fit into whatever the majority want to do. Its a new holiday year for me and dont mind if the trip is increased in length, although i would have a bit of a sulk if it was decreased B)
I am Weasel. Hmm, toasty warm hands................. I love my smashing heated grips O'shagnasty.
[Image: 84UXVnH0.jpg]
Laugh Laugh Laugh

This all depends on Brittany ferries at the moment.... They could change the crossing days yet..
I'm easy on any of the dates.
[Image: 0s4xliEM.jpeg]

In Madness You Dwell

i'll also go with the majority
I'm easy with that chipers.
Lets go on the Wednesday ferry, we can be riding Thursday then instead of Saturday B)
I am Weasel. Hmm, toasty warm hands................. I love my smashing heated grips O'shagnasty.
[Image: 84UXVnH0.jpg]
Even better Laugh
1664, bigredone ??
Panman sounds fine for Wed with me for the out trip
My real name is Dave 
Sounds good. I can do any dates.
Nice one an extra couple of days added to my hols,This is just getting better by the day Laugh

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2012 Spain & France Tour Panman Chips 162 20,367 26-08-2011, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Panman Chips