Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motorcycle deaths in London continue to rise
http://www.london.gov.uk/media/press_rel...lties-rise

A good article which makes grim reading and no solution soon from the mayor of the 1% or TFL. Wink
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
It was mentioned on AN Other biker site 2 lads died on Sunday between Settle & Hawes,
[Image: sigpic99408_7.gif]

A Goal without a Plan is just a wish 
[quote name='ChrisJH' timestamp='1331669472' post='32003']
It was mentioned on AN Other biker site 2 lads died on Sunday between Settle & Hawes,
[/quote]
I've not heard owt about that Chris.You normally hear about things like that through the grape vine.Choker if its right pal. Sad
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
Its sad but it happens everyday, we didnt see anything while we were up there. Lots out though.
I am Weasel. Hmm, toasty warm hands................. I love my smashing heated grips O'shagnasty.
[Image: 84UXVnH0.jpg]
last time I went to London, it stuck me that any form of two wheeled transport was risky in London traffic. Sad
1983, a new Kawasaki GT 550 pitted against Cortina's, Ital's, and Ambassador's were easily dispatched in London traffic, I did exactly that.

But today, a car with a meaty turbo diesel will give a bike a fair run for it's money, and that's why riding a bike in traffic is such a pain in the arse today, the bike has lost it's main advantage.

It's only at the weekend, when the weekend warriors take to the road that you can have some fun, but these dopey twats aren't as sharp as the week day drivers.....and again....another form of danger.

I think the last 10 years has seen a vast change in driver attitude, the arrogance of car drivers in particular make riding a bike, a right royal pain in the arse.
[quote name='Sam The Eagle' timestamp='1331683910' post='32054']
I think the last 10 years has seen a vast change in driver attitude, the arrogance of car drivers in particular make riding a bike, a right royal pain in the arse.
[/quote]
Just crossing the road can be a F-in pain with today's car drivers. No one stops to let someone cross the road anymore, they just slow down a tad to give them enough time to get far enough across the road to miss them by a foot.
[quote name='Welshbiker' timestamp='1331709928' post='32058']
Just crossing the road can be a F-in pain with today's car drivers. No one stops to let someone cross the road anymore, they just slow down a tad to give them enough time to get far enough across the road to miss them by a foot.
[/quote]

Bollocks.

With legs the size of yours, you could give Usain Bolt a headache Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Scooters London Buffalo 26 360 11-01-2019, 08:27 AM
Last Post: Buffalo
  Motorcycle Industry Association (MCIA) Ledwardio 7 52 27-12-2018, 04:49 PM
Last Post: DrMarten
  Self riding motorcycle! Badboybez 4 221 18-06-2018, 06:44 AM
Last Post: DrMarten
  craven motorcycle museum hairnet 6 265 07-05-2018, 11:39 AM