Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Van to make a camper
Were you in the AA Dave
Excellent work Dave! That Bread van door is definitely a Brucey. Looking forward to seeing how you progress with the make over!
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
The ECU reflash and remap.... well worth it.

The Custom is by far the best looking van and lends its bodywork better to interior fitting out than most...

Are you going for the flat panel tv fitted to the roof so when you are laying in bed, you look upwards.... genius.

Quilted - pin cushion walls perhaps?
Shag pile carpet all the way on every surface!
I am Spartacus 
Yep! Disco ball with Barry white on loop, when the back door is opened. Boom! Heart
Tune is about £200 dabs and upwards depending on what fettling you have done its running 125 now with a 70mph limiter.... 126k on the clock so plenty of miles left in it, by my estimations a new timming chain in about 25ks time so roughly 3 years probably a clutch at some point .... already looking for all alloys but apparently they are not a priority  Laugh

LBK no disco balls but possibly some LED mood lighting got an LX plan annoyingly due to smart charging on these Eco things I need a more expensive DC/DC charger set up rather than an old style volt sense relay and alternator splitter .... progress apparently  Laugh 

No sparky I was not in the AA but I may reinstate a flashing roof bar light if I can find a low enough profile one
My real name is Dave 
Yeah was reading that all the various power outputs are electronically set so can just be overcome with a reflash. £200 ain’t bad.
I am Spartacus 
Dave, did you keep the 70 limiter on?

(17-03-2019, 09:53 AM)DrMarten Wrote: Dave, did you keep the 70 limiter on?

He may as well, it’ll match the one on his bike, just sayin...  Laugh
I am Spartacus 
Oooof, we are sharp this morning.

Laugh
I am Spartacus 
I wouldn’t stand for that Dave! Get him dealt with big man. Would you like me to print one off for you?
I just couldn’t stand being held back to 70.....

Last year they gave me an unrestricted T6 identical to mine, DSG.... and when I got to 70 and the needle kept on going... bliss!

But! A cautionary tale.... 150bhp in a van, at 80 it was just getting into its stride...

It’s all psychological.... you get a limit and you want to exceed it, unlimited and you don’t push it.....

One of the lads bought the new T6 with the 218? Twin turbo 2 litre... now that to me is way too much power for a van....

You can never have to much power. Always nice to have in reserve.

It will be going when I send the ECU away to the VanTunner man 

(17-03-2019, 10:38 AM)Ledwardio Wrote:

He may as well, it’ll match the one on his bike, just sayin...  Laugh

Hum I think you will find I like safe legal progress and tough if you don’t like my speed !!

(17-03-2019, 05:17 PM)lbk Wrote: I wouldn’t stand for that Dave! Get him dealt with big man. Would you like me to print one off for you?

Yes I think a form is most certainly needed !!!
My real name is Dave 
On it like a van bonnet Dave.
Let them have it bold, italic and underlined in places !
My real name is Dave 
Don’t you worry brother! It’ll be the full works.
Think this deserves its own separate thread - need a catchy title - and if I can remember how I’ll sort it at the weekend.
[Image: 0s4xliEM.jpeg]

In Madness You Dwell